Progress Report – (2nd Jan 2017 – 19 Jan 2018)
Metaverse is a public blockchain project that aims to provide decentralized services based on digital assets, digital identity and value intermediaries in order to build an open ecosystem in which digital value can be freely circulated. Detailed information can be found in our white paper
Weeks in Review
• Light Wallet Development Progress
In preparation for the release of the official light wallet app for Android devices, the MyETPWallet app beta (Testnet) has been launched on google play store and is currently going through user testing and being refined.
There are some issues that we are seeking help for. If you’re interested in contributing to the light wallet, please check out the GitHub page:(https://github.com/mvs-org/lightwallet/issues)
• Metaverse full-node wallet
V0.7.3 of MVSD, Metaverse’s full-node wallet, is now available. Mainly targeted towards developers, the main improvements made are:
- Provides developers with a standard JSON-RPC 2.0 call with URI: /rpc/v2. Refers to API v2. For more information, you can refer to the documentation here: https://docs.mvs.org/api_v2/
- Compatible API calls on versions older than v0.7.3 with URI: /rpc/
To download the latest version of MVSD, please visit our website at https://mvs.org/.
Digital identity development is also ongoing. Details are as follows:
- Finish theoretical code design of digital identity/Profile implementations
- Developers are currently working on anonymity for Digital identities
Dockerfiles are now provided, with support for compiling and binary
Revised and improved documentation at docs.mvs.org
• Development Roadmap
An updated development roadmap outlining Metaverse’s plans for 2018 in greater detail has been released here: https://medium.com/@mvs_org/metaverse-2018-roadmap-3b15a4621240
• Official Website
Our official website is now available in Spanish! Spanish, Latin American and other Spanish-speaking community members can now view the website in their native language.
Metaverse ETP was listed on Bit-Z, a Hong Kong based exchange that provies professional digital asset trading and OTC (Over The Counter) services. The ETP/BTC trading pair is currently available.
• Soliciting Articles
Metaverse has launched a long-running community event that will reward content creators – find the details here!
• Ambassador Program
We’re pleased to announce the launch of the Metaverse Ambassador Program, which aims to support our community of driven blockchain enthusiasts and elevate their reach. Our very first Ambassador is Jack Hwang – a familiar face for anyone in our English Discord; he also manages the official South Korea Community! Metaverse is looking for more driven Ambassadors who will be rewarded with attractive benefits and exclusive opportunities to interact with the team. More information can be found here: https://medium.com/@mvs_org/metaverse-ambassador-program-11416f3372d4
• The Foundation has also partnered with Baofeng Bokocloud, a platform created by Baofeng Xinying, for technical collaboration and full node support. A subsidiary of Baofeng Group (Shenzhen Stock Code: 300431), which boasts over 300 million users worldwide, Baofeng Xinying has a wealth of experience and expertise in large-scale and high-concurrency distributed file systems.
• The Foundation has also established a bounty program. There are two types of bounties available: one is a developer bounty, while the other rewards community contributors. Read more about it here and participate actively!
• Jibrel Network – Blockchain Revolution Summit: CEO Eric attended the summit in Seoul, Korea and gave a speech about digital economy there. He also accepted an interview by Korean media “The Korea Herald” and talked about digital currency and the application scene in terms of blockchain finance.
• Finwise Summit 2018: representatives from Metaverse attended Finwise Summit 2018 in Macau for two days of intense dialogue, presentations and networking, led by CEO Eric Gu and CTO Chen Hao. Read more about what we were up to here
• Eric Voskuil, lead developer of Libbitcoin, a wildly popular set of cross-platform C++ libraries for building bitcoin applications, visited the main Metaverse office in Shanghai for a week of discussion and technical training workshops with numerous developers from the Chinese community.
• 2018 Roundup: “Given the diversity of projects already available in the marketplace, what value could Metaverse bring?”. We answer this and more in our 2017 Roundup, which reflects on Metaverse’s progress in 2017 and outlines our goals for the year ahead.Read it here
Follow us and keep up with the latest news on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Discord or Telegram!