Progress Report – (25 Nov. 2017 – 8 Dec. 2017)
Metaverse is a public blockchain project that aims to provide decentralized services based on digital assets, digital identity and value intermediaries in order to build an open ecosystem in which digital value can be freely circulated. Detailed information can be found in our white paper (http://newmetaverse.org/white-paper/Metaverse-white-paper-v2.1-EN.pdf), which is actively being revised.
Fortnight in Review
- Light Wallet Development Progress
After receiving feedback from the community, the Metaverse light wallet beta has been upgraded with additional functions including freezing and a Thai language option. You may access v0.1.1 of the light wallet beta, Beta Decay, at：https://www.myetpwallet.com/.
The wallet is an SPV client and is accessible through your browser. Unlike the full node client, the Light Wallet does not require users to sync the entire blockchain and has a simple user interface that allows users to easily manage their digital assets while on-the-go.
- Full-node Metaverse Wallet (MVSD)
- MVSD v0.7.2 is undergoing some final tests and will go live at night later today.
- Digital identities on Metaverse are now under development. A draft of the design documents for planned digital identity functions have been completed. Functions will be accessible through MVSD, and a sneak peek of the UI is as below:
- Community New Platform - Discord
Metaverse has moved the Slack community to Discord, please join our Discord via:
- Soliciting Articles
Metaverse has launched a long-running community event that will reward content creators – find the detail (https://medium.com/@mvs_org/metaverse-community-soliciting-articles-257990c67583)
- Metaverse First Meetup in Seoul
Head of Global Development, Janice Shi, recently participated led the Metaverse team to its first overseas meetup in Seoul, South Korea. The event was a big success, and provided many fruitful opportunities for discussion and interaction. Read more about it here (https://medium.com/@mvs_org/metaverse-first-meetup-in-seoul-36017911e954)
- University Events
Metaverse has been keeping up active collaboration with top Chinese universities. This past two weeks, Metaverse participated in the Fourth Internship and Job Fair for International Students hosted at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and also hosted the inaugural Blockchain Business Workshop organized by the Fudan Blockchain Association from Fudan University. We look forward to working even more closely with universities, academics, students and professionals in the future.
- The Metaverse Foundation has been invited to attend the Cryptospace Conference held in Moscow, Russia on December 8. Hosted by our partner fundraising platform KICKICO, the Cryptospace Conference is the largest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency conference in Eastern Europe. At the conference, Metaverse founder Eric Gu delivered a speech titled “Digital identity in Blockchains”.
- The Metaverse Foundation’s bounty program is still ongoing. Rewards are available for both developers and community contributors. For more details, refer to our article here (https://medium.com/@mvs_org/metaverse-foundation-bounty-program-b857cee29619) and participate actively!
- Metaverse CTO Chen Hao was recently invited to participate in the Technology Salon sponsored by 8BTC, China’s most influential platform for Bitcoin, blockchain and cryptocurrency news, where he delivered a presentation on blockchain technology’s potential to solve the dilemma of user privacy. Find the full presentation here (https://medium.com/@mvs_org/review-for-technical-salon-e1ff9db4f2ac)
Follow us and keep up with the latest news on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Slack or Telegram!